[jetty-users] Upgrade jetty 8.1.3.v20120416 to 9.3.x

Hi all,

I am currently working on a project which use jetty as the embedded web server. In that project, jetty is the main dependency for handling web-socket connections with the browser, proxy connection to the cloud and as the main HTTP server. After changing the jetty maven dependency version from 8.1.3.v20120416 to 9.3.x,  some of the dependencies are deprecated, some classes were not there so I  could not build the project. I searched for migration guide from Jetty 8 to 9 but I could not find a good reference for that.

These are the main usages that were broken due to the version change :
 org.eclipse.jetty.server.nio.SelectChannelConnector => No class definition
org.eclipse.jetty.server.Request => API has been changed(NO METHOD setRequestURI)   org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpHeaders => NO CLASS
  org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpHeaders => No Class  org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpSchemes => No class  org.eclipse.jetty.io.Buffer => No class org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpHeaderValues; => No class   org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpClient  =>  interface has been changed. no definitions for followings
    setConnectorType
    CONNECTOR_SELECT_CHANNE
    setThreadPool
    getThreadPool

  HttpExchange => THERE IS NO DEFAULT CONSTRUCTOR , api has been changed

  org.eclipse.jetty, jetty-websocket dependency does not exist

Please give me a good reference for upgrading jetty 8.x to 9.x if there are any ?.
Or else it would be great if you can suggest me an applicable substitutions for above list of broken dependencies .
let me know If the architecture has been entirely changed in a way that it is too difficult migrate,  so that I can work on rewriting the places where the jetty is being used as the dependency

Thank you,
Tharindu Munasinghe.
Undergraduate, Department of Computer Science and Engineering
University of Moratuwa.
Contact no. +94770460887

Back to the top