Re: [jetty-users] Is there a way to safely reload jetty?

> Thanks Simone.
>

> Sorry I got little to none experience to deploying java apps, so this is a
> bit challenge for me so far, I got few more related questions if you don't
> mind:
>

> 1) in start.ini I see --module=jmx is enabled by default, is it safe to
> assume that I got jmx up and running on my jetty ?

It is enabled locally, so you can access the server via JMX only if
you have access to the host.

> 2) Could you please be more specific when you wrote about start/stop() ? I
> just want to enable and disable java applications currently stored in jar
> files on the fly, but without restarting jetty every single time.

I don't understand what you mean here.
Web applications are packaged in war files, not jar files.

https://www.eclipse.org/jetty/documentation/9.3.x/jetty-jconsole.html

--
Simone Bordet
----