[jetty-users] Jetty LoginService Clarification

Hi, I'm new to Jetty and I'm using Jetty 9.2.2 in my project. While reading through the 9.2.10 documentation (can't find 9.2.2) on Configuring a LoginService, I was confused by the section where it says:

You can also configure it to check the properties file regularly for changes and reload when changes are detected. The reloadInterval is in seconds

At first I got NoSuchMethodError, so I checked the 9.2.18 Javadoc for HashLoginService (can't find 9.2.2) and the method name turns out to be "setRefreshInterval"; additionally, the argument should be in milliseconds, not seconds.

I then took a look at the most current documentation and while the method name still does not match, the Javadoc for HashLoginService.setRefreshInterval() now takes seconds (per documentation) - and it's also deprecated in favor of setHotReload().

So now I'm just a bit confused and would like confirmation if there's an API change between 9.2.x and 9.3.x for HashLoginService and if the setRefreshInterval for 9.2.x does indeed take milliseconds instead of seconds.

If there's a more appropriate place to post this question, please let me know. Thanks.

Back to the top