[jetty-users] Fwd: auto-respawning of jetty as a linux service

hi,

we are running Jetty on CentOS  6.5 (Kernel  2.6.32-431.el6.x86_64) and it's installed as a service using chkconfig.

What's missing is that the process does not restart if it dies or it's killed which is a real problem.

If you google for "linux service respawn" or "centos service respawn" you land on about 10 different options, some using a special application called daemon, some are outdated because inittab is no longer supported, some that don't seem to work (".conf" files under /etc/init/).

While I normally love Linux as a server environment I am really puzzled by how the OS developers managed to make so hard a feature that it's so useful, especially on server environments.

Does anyone here have any tips on how to solve this seemingly complex problem, preferably without using custom applications?

many thanks,
Michele

Back to the top