Re: [jetty-users] NestedConnector in Jetty 9?

Jacob,

Just to backup Joakim, there might be a use-case for NestedConnector, but I don't think yours is it.

NestedConnector was added when we had users that wanted the semantics of the Jetty Servlet container, but were forced by company policy to deploy within WebSphere.     If somebody really has that kind of requirement again, we could consider putting it back in.

As for your use-case,   it is more normal to have JAX-RS implementation inside jetty, so that the httpservletrequest and httpservletresponse objects seen are actually wrappers over jetty.    If you want to compose one JAX-RS resource from others, then I don't think that embedding a jetty instance inside JAX-RS is really the right way to go.   Somebody with more JAX-RS knowledge may tell you if it can be done using JAX-RS mechansims.   If you really want to go back to HTTP, then using the a HTTP connector or LocalConnector is one option.

cheers