Re: [jetty-users] Validation Errors after update from 9.0 to 9.2

On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 7:35 AM, Lothar Kimmeringer <job@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am 07.05.2015 um 15:40 schrieb Joakim Erdfelt:
> You are officially the first person to ever need or want to muck with that.

I'm the first one complaining which isn't necessary the same ;-)
I know that the situation I described is kind of special. A webserver
generally has access to Internet (what else is a webserver for) but
there are reasons for that, e.g. if the server should only be
accessed internally or it runs in the DMZ and the firewall only
allows incoming traffic (which isn't that rare of a situation).

If a user adds his own web-app that might contain configuration-
files with non-standard schemes I will again run into the problem
I described in this thread. So while I don't need above hack right
now (with jetty-schemas.jar provides the standard files) but
"next week" there might be a support-ticket coming up because
a customer can't access his web-app after the update of the server.

So to solve this (at the moment theoretical) problem, I need some
way to tell the XmlParser globally to redirect a particular
resource-request to a local file. The hack was what I was coming
up with but I don't like it, I see that it will fail in some
circumstances and I don't like it. Hence my question if there
is some "official" way I just missed. But I just fear that there
is no "offical" way like there is none to prevent
ServletHandler$Default404Servlet to be added by default as I asked
a month ago and never received an answer about that. The hack I
finally came up with to solve that I don't like, either. But what
has to be done, has to be done ;-)

If you go this route, know that Jetty has one, Jasper has one, the EL has one, etc..
Unfortunately XML Catalog isn't well adopted, so you'll be chasing this sort of validation concern in many components.

- Joakim

Back to the top