[jetty-users] Omitting Content-Length header on response to HEAD

Hi folks,

I'd like to omit the Content-Length header in a response to a HEAD request, but I can't for the life of me work out how to do this. No matter what I do the Content-Length header is always emitted.

I'm using an embedded Jetty 7.6.13. A little old, I know, but there's a minimum dependency on Java 1.5 I can't yet work around.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish this, in Jetty 7 or indeed any other version?

- James

Back to the top