Re: [jetty-users] Having trouble using Embedded Jetty and WebApplicationInitializer with a WarFile deployment

On 09/23/2014 12:58 PM, David Kowis wrote:
> I found this thread:
> http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/jetty-users/msg04587.html

I found a couple more things:
http://www.eclipse.org/jetty/documentation/current/jetty-classloading.html

So now I've got an additional commit:
a44cb9a9a5437fd1eee60d6071d5fc4ef8f8ce79

This works, but it only works if I set parentLoaderPriority(true), from
the documentation I'm not exactly clear as to why this works.

The classes I want to load are all in the War file themselves, they
shouldn't be necessary in the classpath that I'm configuring the server
in. There must be something else wrong...

I don't want to include the classes in the launcher project's classpath,
when they should all be in the war file.

I have this working with the servlet launcher mechanism, because I do
want to actaully share some things in a spring context at one level
higher than the war files, so perhaps it's best if I don't try to deploy
lots of war files, and just have the jetties be in my one classpath.

--
David Kowis