Re: [jetty-users] jetty native memory leak

Dhiraj,

500 threads in the pool lying idle is not necessarily a problem - you
should check your connector configuration. Also do several thread
dumps a minute or so apart to check on the thread activity. If there's
no traffic or very little traffic, then your threads may all indeed
mostly be idle, particularly if you had a traffic spike and jetty
needed to spin up more threads (up to the max you have configured) to
deal with it.

In any case, have a read of our page on memory leak issues:
http://www.eclipse.org/jetty/documentation/current/preventing-memory-leaks.html

Jan