Re: [jetty-users] Using a SocketFactory to create Socket with HTTP Client

Hi,

On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 5:09 PM, Richard Zschech <richard@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I’m trying to use a SocketFactory to create sockets within Jetty’s HTTP
> client. The pre-existing SocketFactory connects to a proprietary socket
> proxy and implements a proprietary connection authentication mechanism.
>

> I’ve tried overriding the connect(SocketAddress address, Map<String, Object>
> context) method on HttpClientTransportOverHTTP to create a Socket from the
> SocketFactory and then use socket.getChannel() and let Jetty take over from
> there.
>

> My problem is that I’ve got to get the SelectionManager to take ownership of
> an already connected channel by creating an EndPoint. Currently creating an
> EndPoint requires a SelectionKey from the connection establishment.
>

> Has anyone needed to or tried to create Jetty HTTP client connections via a
> SocketFactory?
>

> Is there a simpler way of doing this?
>

> An alternative is to re-implement the proprietary authentication mechanism
> similar to a Socks4ProxyConnection but I would prefer to use the existing
> SocketFactory.

Please file an issue about this:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Jetty
We need very detailed code examples (even pseudo code) of how you
would like to ideally use the API to perform what you want.

--
Simone Bordet
----

Back to the top