Re: [jetty-users] Jetty SSL port does not close even maxIdleTime is reached

Am 28.03.2014 11:42, schrieb Bharti:
> We are using Jetty 8.1.14 version. We are sending SYN packets at jetty server
> usign hping2.

What Java-Version are you using? It might be a problem with the
JVM not closing a socket after only receiving a SYN with no
ACKs coming along after responding with ACK/SYN.

What OS are you using, maybe it's a problem in the TCP-stack there
(for the same reason as mentioned above).
Tcpview (Sysinternals) and lsof (Unix) should give more information
if the socket is hold by the OS or the process. On Windows-Systems
the OS is keeping socket for up to two minutes (for some reason I
don't remember) after it was closed.

What is the Thread-Dump of the Java-process after a while and
my open connections according to netstat (kill -3 PIDofJavaProcess)

I don't have Jetty 8.1 here, so I can't check that behavior out
for myself.

Regards, Lothar

Back to the top