[jetty-users] embedded jetty, war context and slf4j/logback?

Folks;

my setup: We run an embedded jetty in part of an application, and its only purpose is to expose an older war file. Both the war file and the application embedding jetty depend upon slf4j and logback, and in some ways it seems impossible to make this work. I have spent a couple of hours trying to make sure all slf4j maven dependencies are of the same version, same as I made sure the logback version is the same throughout the application - yet I can't get it to work and reproducibly end up with error messages fairly familiar from running "different" versions of slf4j modules somewhere... So to ask:

- Is there _any_ way in embedded jetty to make this sanely work?

- On another note: The jetty loads and exposes a war context. Why does the slf4j/logback configuration in the war context interfer with the rest of the application? Shouldn't this be independent of what happens "outside" the webapp?

TIA and all the best,
Kristian

Back to the top