[jetty-users] Access properties in context configuration files

Hi,

We are trying to use the properties that are passed to start.jar in our context.xml files, but these are not available unless we explicitly put each property into the PropertiesConfigurationManager. Is there any way to pass all properties through configuration?

This is our current setup (I removed some lines when they weren't important):
Jetty commandline:
... start.jar custom.property=value ...

jetty-deploy.xml file:
<Call id="webappprovider" name="addAppProvider">
  <Arg>
    <New class="org.eclipse.jetty.deploy.providers.WebAppProvider">
      <Set name="monitoredDirName"><Property name="jetty.base" default="." />/contexts</Set>
      <Set name="defaultsDescriptor"><Property name="jetty.home" default="." />/etc/webdefault.xml</Set>
      <Set name="scanInterval">0</Set>
      <Set name="extractWars">true</Set>
      <Set name="configurationManager">
        <New class="org.eclipse.jetty.deploy.PropertiesConfigurationManager">
          <--! This is our current solution --->
          <Call name="put"><Arg>custom.property</Arg><Arg><Property name="custom.property"/></Arg></Call>
        </New>
      </Set>
    </New>
  </Arg>
</Call>

context.xml
  <Property name="custom.property"/>

This works, but we have to keep the jetty-deploy.xml file up to date whenever we add a new property.

I have noticed that the properties are stored in a file in the temporary folder and if we could get a reference to this file, we could pass it into the PropertiesConfigurationManager.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

MATHIAS DECROCK
CORPORATE SERVICES
Software Developer
T +32 56 43 42 45 • mathias.decrock@xxxxxxx

TVH GROUP NV
Brabantstraat 15 • BE-8790 WAREGEM
T +32 56 43 42 11 • F +32 56 43 44 88 • www.tvh.com
Watch our company movies on www.tvh.tv

**** DISCLAIMER ****

http://www.tvh.com/newen2/emaildisclaimer/default.html

"This message is delivered to all addressees subject to the conditions
set forth in the attached disclaimer, which is an integral part of this
message."

Back to the top