Re: [jetty-users] Starting jetty8 as a service on windows

Not really.

You have 2 choices.

1) use a native service wrapper to bridge the requirements of Windows services and Java applications.
2) embed jetty into your application using embedded-jetty techniques, then develop and create your own native executable that can start your java application while exposing the native service hooks.

With that being said, why is using a java service wrapper a negative to you?

We tend to like procrun / prunserv from Apache Commons-Daemon ourselves.
https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-daemon/binaries.html

--
Joakim Erdfelt <joakim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Expert advice, services and support from from the Jetty & CometD experts