Re: [jetty-users] When does a Jetty thread exactly become idle?

Ssl is a little complex in Jetty-8, specially when it comes to closing, so there is a chance that a thread can become blocked during the close conversation in jetty-8.

SSL has been entirely rewritten in Jetty-9 and what's more is fully asynchronous, so that a thread will should never block in close.

However, the caveat in this is that we have seen some JVM issues where close is blocking even for non-blocking channels.

cheers