Re: [jetty-users] unable to connect to JMX port

Joakim, my use case is to get Intellij to start Jetty and deploy WARs to it, on my local laptop. Intellij apparently requires a fixed port number, but I actually don't know if that is the jmxremote port; I suspected it was just the jmxrmiport.

I tried uncommenting the config in etc/jetty-jmx.xml, but it didn't work for me -- the server just hung on startup -- no output to the console, and not serving any requests at all.

I tried starting it with the options suggested by Carey.  I was then able to telnet to the jmxremote port, but JConsole couldn't connect, eclipse's jmx plugin just hanged and timed out when trying to connect to the port, and Intellij barfed with a message about port 1099 already being "in use".  I verified that I don't have any firewalls running.

--josh