Re: [jetty-users] How do you get the final redirect URL from Jetty HttpClient 9.0?

Hi,

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 10:43 PM, jhwallingford <jhwallingford@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If I use HttpClient to do a HTTP GET request for http://myco.com and the
> server does a 301 (Moved Perm) to http://www.myco.com, how do I get the
> final URL? HttpClient will follow the redirect(s) but when I get the
> onComplete with the result I see know way to get the final URL after all
> redirects. Is there a way to do this?

I introduced HttpRedirector in 9.1 which will help you out for this use case.
You still need to do redirects manually, but it's a while loop of few lines.
See http://git.eclipse.org/c/jetty/org.eclipse.jetty.project.git/tree/jetty-client/src/main/java/org/eclipse/jetty/client/HttpRedirector.java?h=jetty-9.1.

--
Simone Bordet
----