Re: [jetty-users] Upgrade Jetty 8 to 9

Actually, the setGracefulShutdown() has been migrated to ShutdownThread.register(LifeCycle)

In reality, the Server.setStopAtShutdown(boolean) simply calls this behavior.

With Jetty 9, there is the possibility of having multiple lifecycles active in the same JVM.
Such as using Jetty Client, Jetty WebSocket Client, or even having multiple Server instances in the same JVM.
So the logic for proper LifeCycle.stop() and Destroyable.destroy() is now generalized for all cases on a Runtime shutdownHook.

As for a migration guide, that could be a good idea.
I went ahead and opened an issue on that
https://github.com/jetty-project/jetty-documentation/issues/12

--
Joakim Erdfelt <joakim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Developer advice, services and support