[jetty-users] Redirect/Copy Jetty 9 Commandline output to file

Hi,

I am new to Jetty and I just downloaded Jetty 9 for Windows.
I start it simply on the command line using:

java -jar start.jar

Do the logging messages I see on the command line also get directed
to a file? I don’t see anything in the logs subdirectory. If no, is there
someway I can send a copy of these log messages that appear on the commandline
to a file? I am sure it must be some setting, but I have no clue where to
start.

I looked at http://www.eclipse.org/jetty/documentation/current/configuring-logging.html and it seems to be more about the logging level (warn, info, debug etc. )
rather than where to redirect/copy the logging messages.

Thank you for your help.
O. O.

Back to the top