Re: [jetty-users] jetty 9.0.3 cannot run on jdk5 or jdk6.

Thnak you Joakim.

xyz20003

Date: 2013-05-08 11:41
Subject: Re: [jetty-users] jetty 9.0.3 cannot run on jdk5 or jdk6.
That is correct.
Jetty 9 is JDK 7+
This is because we are targeting Servlet Spec 3.1 for Jetty 9 and various other new JSR's which all require Java 7+ to work.

--
Joakim Erdfelt <joakim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Developer advice, services and support

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 8:19 PM, xyz20003 <xyz20003@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi guys,
  Today I download jetty 9.0.3 from maven2 repository.

  But it tell me that major.minotr version is 51.0, my jdk is jdk6, so I cannot use this version without upgrade to jdk7.

  Is there any reason force jetty 9.0.3 have to use jdk7? Or the future of jetty9 want to drop support older version of jdk, like jdk5, jdk6?

  regards

Xu Huisheng