[jetty-users] System classpath on Jetty 8

According to the wiki[1], the web sockets classes are part of the default system classes. Yet for as long as I can remember, trying to use the web sockets classes, leads to this exception:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/jetty/websocket/WebSocketServlet

Is this a long-standing bug, or is the documentation incorrect?

I know how to work around this, and have obviously done so for a long time, but I thought I'd ask, because it yet again came up.

[1]: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Reference/Jetty_Classloading#Setting_System_Classes

Back to the top