[jetty-users] DoS handling

Hi,

We're using Jetty 8.1.x in embedded mode. Is there any way to disable
keep-alive connections if there are more than some threshold number of
connections? We're running into a case where we normally have ~300
active keep-alive connections (behind a load balancer) but we
occasionally see very large spikes up to 30k connections (I've see a
max of about 55k). These boxes don't have enough memory to handle so
many active connections simultaneously (at the kernel level) so I'd
like to start closing connections immediately once we reach a certain
point, say 5-600.

AFAICT, I'll need to customize the SelectChannelConnector and/or the
SelectorManager to make this happen. Are there any other options?

regards,

chetan

Back to the top