From: jetty-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jetty-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bill Harten
Sent: Sunday, January 15, 2012 10:07 PM
To: jetty-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [jetty-users] Request forwarding to services on different JVMs

I need to forward requests for different virtual hosts (ABC.COMDEF.COM, etc.) to different JVMs (service for ABC.COM, service for DEF.COM, etc.) on the same machine.  Can Jetty (8) be used like Apache's mod_proxy this way?  How? Any advantages or disadvantages?

They need to be different JVMs for security and start/stop/crash isolation from each other. Requests need to all come to port 80 (or all to ssl port 443) because non-standard ports are often blocked for our users. Services could listen for 'forwards' on their own ports internally, if that would help.

Ideas?

Thanks.

Back to the top