Von: jetty-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jetty-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Joakim Erdfelt
Gesendet: Freitag, 6. Januar 2012 16:55
An: JETTY user mailing list
Betreff: Re: [jetty-users] Jetty refuses to accept new request

Without stacktraces to go on, I would have to speculate.

My first guess would be that you are relying on /tmp for your temporary & work directories.

The problem you describe is a behavior seen on many unix systems where the contents of the /tmp directory are cleared out occasionally by various cronjobs.

Using /tmp is a behavior seen on many unix systems as the System.getProperty("java.io.tmpdir") often returns this location (but not on all unix systems and configurations).

The "java.io.tmpdir" directory is used by jetty to unpack war files into and run the war file from, if that directory gets cleared out from under jetty then jetty stops processing requests to that context.

You can solve this in one of two ways.

Way 1:

Create a ${jetty.home}/work directory.

By default jetty will use this directory for unpacking war files into (if it exists).

Way 2:

Specify the temp directory.

Using the DeploymentManager + WebAppProvider you can specify the "tempDir" property to somewhere more stable.

Example of this configuration can be seen in the test cases in jetty.

--

Joakim Erdfelt

(the people behind jetty and cometd)