Re: [jetty-users] RESTful web services with Jetty

Hi Martin,

Thanks so much!  It’s great to hear that the Jersey/Jetty setup has been working well for you.  As I mentioned, my experience in this area with Java is near-nil although it seemed to me like this should be a great setup.  I wonder why there are so few examples?

I really do appreciate your offer to share some code.  I’ve spent a little time trying to get a dusty old example to work with newer versions of Jetty and Jersey, but I’m getting errors and with my newb-ness the solution isn’t obvious.  As for my web service, it should be fairly simple (although I will need SSL and some yet-to-be-determined authentication mechanism, if it’s worth mentioning).  Since the Websockets standard continues to evolve, I’m pretty sure I need Jetty 7.4.4 or later to take advantage of the latest Websockets spec.  I’ll also be running the Jetty embedded in my server, if it makes any difference.

If you had any code to share that just demonstrates how recent versions of Jetty and Jersey should be properly glued together, that would probably be a great help.

If you think it would be better to email code to me personally, I can build a clean and simple Jersey/Jetty sample that I can post back to the list for archival.

Thanks!

Jeremy

jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx