[jetty-users] "the password must be in a recoverable format"

The javadoc for HashLoginService contains this caveat:

    "If DIGEST Authentication is used, the password must be in a
    recoverable format, either plain text or OBF."

However this doesn't appear to be true, as using an MD5 hash seems to
work just fine.

The same note appears in javadoc for PropertyUserStore, and again in
a comment in the distributed example realm.properties file.

I'll file a doc bug report unless someone tells me I'm off in the weeds
(always a possibility).

Back to the top