Re: [jetty-users] Jetty web sockets drops messages?

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 14:24, Thomas Becker <tbecker@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Lars,
>
> thanks for providing the test case. However we've some loadtests as well and
> they have a similar setup without using a foreign client library like your
> test and they all work fine. For instance "WebSocketLoadD13Test.java" in
> jetty8.
>
> If you can provide a test without using a foreign library and using jetty's
> api only, then we'll do some further investigations. Until then we presume
> that the issue is in the library you use as we've working load tests for
> jetty and cometd.

For the record, we have made benchmarks up to 50k websocket messages/s
without issues, see
http://webtide.intalio.com/2011/09/cometd-2-4-0-websocket-benchmarks/.

Also, the library you use does not seem up-to-date with the latest
drafts that, for example, define a close code and close description to
be exposed in the API.
Jetty's WebSocket APIs are up to date with the latest drafts, so
sticking with Jetty's libraries will probably solve all your problems.

Simon
--
http://cometd.org
http://intalio.com