[jetty-users] HTTPS Load Balancer & Redirect

Hi All,

Firstly, apologies for the cross-posting; I posted in dev first, but this is probably more suitable :)

I am running a Jetty RT application behind an EC2 HTTPS load balancer:

Client --HTTPS--> balancer --HTTP--> Jetty

Say I have a context foo, and someone makes the request:

https://mydomain.com/foo

You would expect a redirect to https://mydomain.com/foo/, but instead you have a redirect to http://mydomain.com/foo/ - which breaks the app.

I have had a google around about this, but can't find anything Jetty specific... can anyone shed any light on any work-arounds or fixes for this? I presume that as the request is being made over http, jetty is assuming that that is the protocol for the redirect, instead of using the actual protocol?

Thanks :)

Matt

The information contained in this message is confidential and is intended for the addressee only. If you have received this message in error, please notify Kusiri Limited as soon as possible. The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is prohibited and may be unlawful. The internet cannot guarantee the integrity of this message and therefore Kusiri Limited will not be liable for the message if modified.

Matthew Painter - Kusiri
Chief Technology Officer

5 New Street
London
EC2M 4TP
United Kingdom

Telephone: +44 (0) 781 321 4728
Email: matthew.painter@xxxxxxxxxx

The information contained in this message is confidential and is intended for the addressee only. If you have received this message in error, please notify Kusiri Limited as soon as possible. The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is prohibited and may be unlawful. The internet cannot guarantee the integrity of this message and therefore Kusiri Limited will not be liable for the message if modified.

Back to the top