[jetty-users] 5 minute pause with jetty...is this a JVM issue(anyone else seen this?)

I am using jetty-distribution-7.4.5.v20110725 with jdk 1.6.0_26

I run 10 servers, start them all up and at least one sometimes two will encounter a 5 minute pause.  I see the request come in on ethereal and have a filter that logs every request(first thing it does) and that request is logged 5 minutes after I see it in wireshark.  I cannot telnet into the frozen server port 8080 BUT when another port is open like 8081, I can telnet into 8081 during this weird pause.  I am wondering if it is an underlying lock in the JVM.  There is no deadlocks according to jstack -m nor jstack -l command and all threads look find....all of them are stuck on read from socket for like 5 minutes exactly.

I see there is a tcp timeout of 5 minutes in the tcp spec for something.  I see no 5 minute timeouts for jetty.  Anyone know any valid JVM configuration timeout values I could tweak and see if the pause period changes length at all?

thanks,
Dean

Back to the top