Re: [jetty-users] how to dynamically config jetty policy files?

ah, jetty-policy work

ok, so yes this approach is possible, and its recommended that you use
a work directory here

the way I have done in the past is to have a context.xml file that
unpacks the webapp to a specific location and then have a
corresponding policy file that sets up the codebase to that specific
location, working with tmp directories is too hit or miss for my
tastes

steps I took doing this:

- remove the jetty webapp deployer from startup
- use jetty context deployer exclusively to deploy your webapps
- set the location for unpacking the webapp in the context.xml
- create the policy file you want for that webapp location and drop it
into the lib/policy directory (should be picked up automatically if I
remember right, might be a property governing that

I never got around to making it all dynamic, I had plans but time to
devote to that sort of setup was never available.  Also thought about
wiring jetty-policy up to jmx to make it possible to influence it
during runtime better

cheers,
jesse

--