[jetty-users] Character encoding problem with static Javascript content

I guess this is a very basic an easy to solve question, but couldn't find the solution for Jetty 7 neither on the jetty sites nor googling around...

  • I am running jetty 7.4
  • The OS is Ubuntu (I guess this is not relevant) and its encoding is UTF-8 (I guess this might be)
  • Html generated from my webapp is displayed correctly on the browser window. Bith the HTTP Response header set Content-Type correctly (Content-Type:text/html; charset=UTF-8) and the pages themselves contain the proper meta tags specifying UTF-8
  • The static _javascript_ files served are UTF-8 encoded on the filesystem.
  • BUT...
    • They are served by jetty with Content-Type:application/x-_javascript_;charset=ISO-8859-1
    • Then, text on those _javascript_ is displayed incorrectly, of course.
Why?
How can I change this behaviour for the whole jetty server to force it to UTF-8 instead?
Is there some setting on the etc that forces jetty to be UTF-8 by default?
Can I set a filter or a context configuration instead?
(I'd prefer not to have to serve the .js myself explicitly to force the charset MYSELF)

Thanks,

Jose

Back to the top