[jetty-users] Setting up SSL with Embedded Jetty 7.x

I have an embedded instance of Jetty. I create an SelectChannelConnector to
listen on port 80, and a WebAppContext to load my single war.

Now I need to add SSL into the mix. Easy enough. The keystore is signed
sealed and delivered, so to speak. And adding SSL should be easy enough.

I would have guessed that I just add an SslSelectchannelConnector to the
mix. But all the methods there are deprecated (though not the class, which
confuses me a bit). The javadocs don't list any reason for the deprecation
or anywhere else I should direct my focus. The documentation seems to
reference the deprecated methods of SslSelectChannelConnector, so I'm
assuming it hasn't been updated.

Can someone give me the entry point here? What should I be creating to add
SSL into my embedded jetty instance?

Thanks,
David

p.s. I am also updating jetty to the latest minor release and noticed that
there's no information about which release is the current one on the
downloads page. I found that info in this mailing list, but most software
packages list the current, development, and maintenance releases in their
download page. Having that info on the download page would have saved me 10
min of digging this morning, so just thought I'd mention it.

Back to the top