[jetty-users] Jetty 6: Problem with security manager

Hi list.

I'm attempting to embed Jetty 6.1.26 in an application that is to be run on a Kyocera Mita printer, which is CDC-1.1 compatible.

I have followed http://docs.codehaus.org/display/JETTY/J2ME+CDC to configure Jetty without XML.

Whenever I try to launch my application on the printer I receive the following stack trace:
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
   at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(Unknown Source)
   at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.doStart(Unknown Source)
   at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(Unknown Source)
   at auth_test.ConfigWebServer.start(Unknown Source)
   at auth_test.HyPASActivator.start(Unknown Source)
   at com.ibm.osg.smf.BundleContext$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Unknown Source)
   at com.ibm.osg.smf.BundleContext.start(Unknown Source)
   at com.ibm.osg.smf.Bundle.startWorker(Unknown Source)
   at com.ibm.osg.smf.Bundle.start(Unknown Source)
   at jp.co.kyoceramita.ksf.app.mngr.Proxy.start(Unknown Source)
   at jp.co.kyoceramita.ksf.app.mngr.StartAppTask.start(Unknown Source)
   at jp.co.kyoceramita.ksf.app.mngr.TaskWorker.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.security.AccessControlException: Access denied (java.lang.RuntimePermission accessDeclaredMembers )
   at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkMemberAccess(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Class.checkMemberAccess(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields(Unknown Source)
   at org.mortbay.jetty.AbstractGenerator.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initializeImpl(Native Method)
   ... 15 more

Packages starting with "auth_test." are written by me and in my control. The rest packages are outside of my control, although I could use a custom build of Jetty if needed. I have *no* control over the Security Manager settings and cannot change them in any way.

auth_test.ConfigWebServer is a wrapper around 'Server srv = new Server(18080)' (no handlers atm, but will be needed if I can get it to run) with a start and stop method.

Is there a way around this issue?

I'm up for narrowing down the failing line in o.m.j.Server.doStart if it is needed in order to aid in the solution of this problem.

- Steffen

Back to the top