Re: [jetty-users] Declarative service in jetty 7.2.2

On Feb 16, 2011, at 13:05 , Mitul Adhia wrote:

> HI All,
>
> Was trying out the example which is mentioned in blog http://blog.fnord.se/journal/2011/1/26/deploying-a-servlet-in-jetty-7-using-osgi-ds.html?lastPage=true#comment11939684.
> This to register the servlet in Jetty 7.2.2 using declarative service approach . Had updated the blog with the technical issues which i am facing .
>
> Can anyone help me to solve the issue?. Do let me know if more inputs are required .

I hope so :)

You need to ensure you have started the jetty-osgi-boot bundle, and that you have a proper jetty.xml file it can find. The jetty-osgi-boot bundle is what loads the config, starts the server and starts looking for the exposed services so you don't have to start it programmatically.

I wrote a walkthrough, but it got a bit long, so I posted a it at http://blog.fnord.se/journal/2011/2/16/starting-and-configuring-a-jetty-7-instance-in-equinox.html . It's mostly a brain-dump though, and will probably contain some bugs. It might help you get started though (improvement suggestions are welcome!).

// Henrik

Back to the top