[jetty-users] Jetty is not starting after server reboot

Hello,

I configured jetty to run as service so that when the server reboots, it will start automatically.

I used the following command to set this up:

sudo update-rc.d jetty defaults

I verified that the necessary files (in /etc/rc?.d/) were all generated after this command.

But after doing all of these, rebooting the server doesn't start jetty automatically. However, starting jetty through "/etc/init.d/jetty start" works.

Is there a special way to configure jetty to run as a service? Is there a log file that I could look at to see what's happening or the error when the machine is booting up?

I'm using ubuntu 10.10 running in ebs type aws cloud instance.

-don

Back to the top