[jetty-users] Jetty 7: Using WebappProvider and ContextProvider instead of WebappDeployer and ContextDeployer

Hi,

We are using Jetty 7.1.6 as our production/test servers. We have a requirement that goes like this:
1. We have two webapps. We want to deploy them at two different ports on the same machine.
2. We wanted to stop, start and restart each instance of Jetty selectively without affecting the other.
3. I want these wars to be in separate directory.

I have gone throught couple of documents here[1], here[2] and here[3]

Basically what I want is to write jettyA.xml and JettyB.xml that has WebappProvider component that guides which instance is going to live on what port and what directory the instance should scan to deploy the webapps. The document here[3] represents the correct scenario but WebappDeployer (the one after package refactoring) seem to be deprecated for WebappProvider.

This document[2] supposed to provide an example but it points to a page that uses WebappDeployer which is deprecated and hence I do not want to use.

The same story goes for ContextProvider and ContextDeployer -- all documents that I find[1] on web they all uses ContextDeployer which is deprecated.

Can someone point to me to a resource or provide and example configuration XML for WebappDeployer?

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Howto/WebappPerConnector
[2] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Howto/Deploy_Web_Applications#Webapps_Deployment
[3] http://capitalcodemonkey.blogspot.com/2008/04/creating-multiple-jetty-server.html

Back to the top