[jetty-users] Jetty 7.2.1 and configuring a ResourceCollection via Maven

Hello,

We have a Maven project that is currently using Jetty 7.2.0.v20101020 via the jetty-maven-plugin.

We have a couple of webAppConfig elements in different profiles pom.xml that look like this:

----
<baseResource implementation="org.eclipse.jetty.util.resource.ResourceCollection">
  <resourcesAsCSV>
    /path/to/profile-specific-dir,
    ${commonResources}
  </resourcesAsCSV>
</baseResource>
----

commonResources is defined as a property elsewhere in pom.xml since it's reused in multiple places:

----
<properties>
  <commonResources>
    /path/to/dir1,
    /path/to/dir2,
    /path/to/dir3
  </commonResources>
</properties
----

I tried upgrading Jetty to 7.2.1.v20101111, but that broke the project. Looking at http://download.eclipse.org/jetty/7.2.1.v20101111/apidocs/org/eclipse/jetty/util/resource/ResourceCollection.html I see that the no argument constructor and the setResourcesAsCSV(String csvResources) method have been removed in the latest version of Jetty.

I have tried removing the <resourcesAsCSV> element hoping that the directories would be passed to the ResourceCollection constructor as a String, but that does not seem to work:

----
Cause: Cannot assign configuration entry 'baseResource' to 'class org.eclipse.jetty.util.resource.Resource' from '/path/to/profile-specific-dir,
      /path/to/dir1,
      /path/to/dir2,
      /path/to/dir3', which is of type class java.lang.String
----

What should my <baseResource> element look like to work with Jetty 7.2.1.v20101111?

Since all setter methods have been removed from ResourceCollection I believe the jetty-maven-plugin example at http://docs.codehaus.org/display/JETTY/Multiple+WebApp+Source+Directory also doesn't work anymore with Jetty 7.2.1.v20101111.

Nils.
 VPRO
 phone:  +31(0)356712911
 e-mail: info@xxxxxxx