Re: [jetty-users] Confused by first use of RewriteHandler

I've avoided the whole issue by:

1/ giving up on RewriteHandler entirely
2/ using <servlet> and <servlet-mapping> for resource names to jsp files in web.xml to achieve the 'redirects'
and an added bonus from all the messing around I've been doing:
3/ using a custom tag library to achieve what the old <jsp:include> achieved

Since I've dropped RewriteHandler, my other <jsp:include> directives work again. The result is probably better architected.. rewriting wasn't really necessary and it's arguably better to use a custom tag rather than an included jsp page for that specific purpose.

I've no idea what was going wrong with RewriteHandler but as I found it impossible to debug I'm glad to see the back of it.

Hurrah.
Nick

Back to the top