From: jetty-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:jetty-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Nick Fenwick
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 1:30 PM
To: JETTY user mailing list
Subject: Re: [jetty-users] JSP support when launching from the API

On 11/17/2010 05:37 AM, Benson Margulies wrote:
> I've been asked to turn on JSP support for our application that uses
> the full embedded API with 7.1.2. I'm stumped. All the doc I can find
> talks about using start.jar, but I'm not using start.jar. What's the
> equivalent in terms of handlers and webapps and such?

I run an embedded Jetty (a JettyMain class with a main method that
instantiates an instance of Server and calls start() on it) and I don't seem
to do any magic to make JSP's work.  Perhaps it's your classpath?
I add all .jar files from the jetty lib dir to my classpath, i.e.
$JETTY_HOME/lib/*.jar - this is done by an ant <path> directive that uses a
<fileset> to gather every .jar in the lib dir.  I don't provide any command
line arguments or java VM directives to enable JSP support.

What happens when you request a jsp? i.e.
http://localhost/contextroot/something.jsp

Nick