Re: [jetty-users] Embedded Jetty: Failed to locate resource XmlRpcServlet.properties

Hi David,

thanks for your pointers, just what I was looking for.

It seems the XmlRpcServlet.properties was located in the wrong directory. It is loaded via .getResource(...), and from what I have read the rule is:

* files in src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/classes are loaded with getServletContext().getResource()
  * files in src/main/resources are loaded with getClass().getResource()

At any rate, I moved the file to src/main/resources and everything works fine. Just for the record, is this the correct location?

Also weird: before I moved it the file wasn't even copied to the target/ directory, unless I explicitly added src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/classes to the list of source folders in Eclipse. Is this excepted? Just curious, this is a whole different topic :)

Thanks again, David, and best regards,
Georg