[jetty-users] A bug of jetty with AJP connector?

Hi everyone:

1. First I downloaded the jetty source from http://download.eclipse.org/jetty/stable-7/dist/jetty-distribution-7.1.6.v20100715.tar.gz.

I just modified the start.ini like this:

#===========================================================
# Start classpath OPTIONS.
# These control what classes are on the classpath
# for a full listing do
#   java -jar start.jar --list-options
#-----------------------------------------------------------
OPTIONS=Server,jsp,jmx,resources,websocket,ext,ajp #-----------------------------------------------------------

#===========================================================
# Configuration files.
# For a full list of available configuration files do
#   java -jar start.jar --help
#-----------------------------------------------------------
#etc/jetty-jmx.xml
etc/jetty.xml
# etc/jetty-ssl.xml
# etc/jetty-requestlog.xml
etc/jetty-deploy.xml
etc/jetty-testrealm.xml
etc/jetty-ajp.xml #===========================================================

2. Then I configured apache-2.2.15 like this:

   ProxyPass / ajp://127.0.0.1:8009/
   ProxyPassReverse / ajp://127.0.0.1:8009/

   ProxyRequests On
   ProxyVia On

I use the mod_proxy_ajp to communicate with jetty.

3. When I test the default test web apps like this: wget http://127.0.0.1/jsp/expr.jsp?A=1
The apache are just waiting and don't  response my request.

4. I have dumped all the AJP packets with tcpdump. You can see the problem. The response's SEND_BODY_CHUNK packet loses the beginning of the page "<html>". And then the AJP packet's length is wrong.

5. I don't know if it is the problem of apache or jetty. Maybe someone can help me.

ps: I have another question: Why jetty sends the GET_BODY_CHUNK packet even it's a GET method request? I think it's useless.

--
Weibin Yao