Re: [jetty-users] What is the current status of 7.1.x debian packaging? Is there interest in patches?

On 07/31/2010 08:53 PM, Joakim Erdfelt wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 7:43 AM, mabrek <mabrek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>     My goal is to create working jetty 7 package for our appications
>>     running on Ubuntu >= 9.10. Another goal is to maintain exactly the
>>     same set of libraries in production and in development environment
>>     (maven jetty plugin).
> If you want to see a totally different approach, one that doesn't use a
> patch, but uses maven entirely, we are interested.
> But instead of trying to make a patch, how about a whole new debian
> build branch?

I tryed to use maven entirely without maven-debian-helper and maven-repo-helper. It builds and installs but does nothing because of some bugs in jetty.sh that I haven't fixed yet. I almost rewrote jetty.sh in another successful packaging attempt but haven't merged it into jetty-deb-by-maven repository.
Packaging scripts are uploaded to http://github.com/mabrek/jetty-deb-by-maven and build patches to http://github.com/mabrek/jetty/commits/7.1.6-build-fixes
It doesn't use eclipse drops and builds only from maven central artefacts. It can be easily switched back to eclipse signed jars when they become available to download.

> I would be curious to see how you handle the splitup of the distribution
> directory into the linux server packaging defaults.
>   /usr/bin
>   /etc/jetty
>   /usr/lib/java/jetty
>   /var/log/jetty
>   /var/run/jetty
>   /var/jetty/webapps

It was made by dh_install in original packaging. I simply followed this approach.

Regards,
Anton Lebedevich.

Back to the top