Re: [jetty-users] Jetty really not Java EE compatible?

jetty is not a java ee server in the same way that tomcat is not a
java ee server and geronimo _is_

jetty is a java web server and servlet engine, one part of the java ee
stack that implements the servlet-api

we don't care (from an implementation perspective) about all the rest
of the goop in java ee

geronimo and jboss are both java EE servers and jetty and be used as
the servlet container in both of them

if all you have is a war file, then a servlet container is enough, if
you need a ear file to deploy ejb's all that sort of java ee stuff
then you need something that deploys ear files.

cheers,
jesse

--
jesse mcconnell