[jetty-users] How does the Thread Pool work ?

Hello,

I have a question regarding the ThreadPool. Each Thread in a java application has its own unique ID during its lifecycle. This ID might be reused later on once the Thread have stopped executing.

My question, though, is what happens when a user request have finished processing. Is the Thread returned to the Thread Pool, or is it terminated (and subsequently a new Thread created) ?

/** Med Vennlig Hilsen | Very Best Regards
 *       Joachim Haagen Skeie
 * @Degree, Bachelor of Information Technology, QUT, Brisbane,Australia
 * @Degree, Master of Information Technology, QUT, Brisbane, Australia
 * @Title, Software Engineer, IT Architect, NorgesGruppen Data AS