[jetty-users] Jetty hanging after upgrade from 6.1.14 to 7.1.15

Hi,

We start and stop Jetty during the setUp() and tearDown() methods in some of our tests.

We recently tried upgrading from Jetty 6.1.14, to Jetty 7.1.15 - however had to revert this for the time being because some of our tests started randomly hanging.

After Jetty starts, our tests use HttpClient to make requests to FishEye running inside Jetty.
It is one of these client requests that hang, indefinitely. From what I can tell, this is more easily reproducable on machines that run quite slow, and have few (<3) cores. (e.g a mac-mini, but not a 8-core MacPro)

It appears that the SelectChannelConnector we configure Jetty with to handle remote requests is no longer running (or was never started?) when the hang occurs.

There are three DEBUG logs, including thread dumps, attached to http://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CRUC-3721, showing:

  • a build that hangs using a SelectChannelConnector
  • a build that doesn't hang using a SelectChannelConnector (only a single test is run)
  • a built that hangs using a normal (non-nio) SocketConnector.

Has anyone seen similar behaviour using Jetty 7 before, or does anything in the logs standout as a candidate for causing Jetty to hang?

Is there anything else we can enable to try and detect what could be going on?

Cheers,

Nick

Back to the top