Re: [jetty-users] Non-standard web application deployment question

What version of Jetty are you running?

Michael Gorovoy | mgorovoy@xxxxxxxxxxx | http://www.intalioworks.com |

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 2:33 PM, Chad La Joie <lajoie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Before asking my question let me start by describing where I'm at today.

I have an application whose install directory structure looks something like this:

/lib
/conf
/bin
/logs

Contained in lib directory are all the jars that make up the web application.  In the conf directory are the configuration files for the app.  In bin are command line tools that also use the contents of the lib directory, one of which tests configurations.

Currently, what I do is create a WAR file from everything in lib + a web.xml file.  The problem I'm having is that users drop in extension jars in the /lib directory, make appropriate changes to the conf files, run the config test script and everything checks out.  They then restart their web app and the new config fails (since the extension jar isn't in the WAR file).  I provide a way for them to regen the WAR but a lot of people forget to do that.

So, my question is, is there a particular deployer or context handler where I can specifically configure the classpath and web.xml file?  That way I wouldn't need a WAR file at all and so it would never get out of synch.

Thanks.

--
Chad La Joie
http://itumi.biz