[jetty-users] Pause on first request everytime

Is it normal to get about a 1 second or so pause on initial requests?

I'm using Jetty 7.0.2.v20100331
Current config is using a WebAppContext (I've tried others with
NO_SESSIONS as well, as I suspected that as the cause)
My Jetty container is started by a Spring ApplicationContext

If i use a web browser, only the initial connection is slow (i.e.
going to index.html pauses, then any other requests during that
session are fast)

However, hitting it with a stateless client such as curl causes a
delay on every request.  I plan on serving up RESTful APIs with Jetty,
and having a slow response on every request doesn't sound too
appealing... I'm wondering if I'm missing something in my config to
fix this.

I've run it with the default connector, but right now I'm running
specifically with SelectChannelConnector, host is set to "0.0.0.0"
(I've tried localhost, etc as well)

The same holds true for the SSL connector I created as well.

--
Alexander Sherwin

Back to the top