From: Sumit Kumar <skbrnwl-dev@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Sticky load balancing with Jetty
To: jetty-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, 17 November, 2009, 1:34 PM

Hi all,

I'm trying to front multiple jetty instances with apache. Did bit of googling and ended up with a configuration which does pass my requests to those instances in round robin fashion. However there is no stickyness coming up with those jetty instances. I'm starting my them something like this:

        Server server1 = new Server(9990);
        HashSessionIdManager sessionManager1 = new HashSessionIdManager();
        sessionManager1.setWorkerName("jetty1");
        server1.setHandler(new HelloHandler(9990, sessionManager1));
        server1.setSessionIdManager(sessionManager1);
        server1.start();
        server1.join();

And my apache has the following configuration:

ProxyPass /balancer balancer://mycluster/context stickysession=JSESSIONID|jsessionid nofailover=On
<Proxy balancer://mycluster>
    BalancerMember http://localhost:9990 route=jetty1
    BalancerMember http://localhost:9992 route=jetty2
</Proxy>

But for some reason, i don't see those jsessionid or JSESSIONID request parameters coming in my requests (or cookies). Any idea what i might be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.
-Sumit