[jetty-dev] Jetty 9.4.x EOL PRE-Notice

We wanted to take a moment to make clear our current plans for Eclipse Jetty 9.4.x.

Our plan is to announce Community End of Life (EOL) for 9.4.x on April 1st, 2022. This is around when Oracle will switch their Java 8 support from Premier to Extended. As in the past, releases will continue to come out for 9.4.x, which is based on Java 8, for as long as our company, Webtide, has customers using the release branch.

There will be a six month notice when the remaining Webtide customers using 9.4.x have completed their migrations at which time the branch will be fully EOL. Current expectations are that this date is between 2 to 3 years from this announcement.

As in the past, we will still accept community contributions in the form of PRs after the Community EOL has passed but primarily with a focus on stability. Issues logged against 9.4.x will generally be viewed with an eye towards Jetty 10, 11, or 12.

If you are interested in becoming a Webtide customer, please reach out to sales@xxxxxxxxxxx to discuss your specific needs.

cheers,
Jesse

P.S. If you haven't taken our survey about Servlets and Jetty 12 direction, please do! Only 5 days left!