Re: [jetty-dev] Jetty 9.4.39 on P2 repo

+ jetty-users

Amin,

I circled back with the folks that took over the P2 repository for Eclipse (the editor) and it appears they have now shifted over completely to use the build artifact located here:

https://git.eclipse.org/c/platform/eclipse.platform.releng.buildtools.git/tree/jetty.repository

This meets their needs for the platform and I don't know that it makes sense for them to expand its contents to make it a general static P2 repository covering Jetty at this point.

Historically we have had very little interest in consuming Jetty via P2 repositories, we originally started that work because we were participating on the Eclipse Release Train but after a couple of train releases that need for us went away. Unless there is a massive user base for this functionality that has been silent all these years, it just doesn't make sense for us to invest our limited open source time in maintaining P2 repositories. I know of one or two people in the user community that have used it in the past, and that within the extended Eclipse community I believe. Additionally, over the last 16 years I have seen zero commercial support interest in using P2 repositories so, from the Webtide support perspective, with not one iota of interest expressed by our clients over the last 16 years (or longer but that would be before my time) it is hard for us to make a compelling case to invest in that effort either.

cheers,
Jesse

--
jesse mcconnell